Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's about to get crazy up in here!

I just got EQ7 and Oh. My. Gosh. is it fun! Tonight I decided to design my first custom block so I just started drawing lines on a 6x6 grid. Then I used www.colorschemedesigner.com to choose my color scheme (a BRIGHT color scheme!) and started dropping in colors and moving them around. I've been wanting to do something with the Moda Half Moon black & white paisley print I've been hoarding saving for something special so I grabbed a pic of it off the internet, imported it and included it in my color scheme. I tried some different quilt layouts and decided I liked the blocks set on point best.

Here's my favorite layout with my new custom block alternating between 2 different color arrangements. This really could not be more fun! I think I'll name it Rings and Bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment